To make the villages self-sufficient by meeting the basic needs of the people and to assure that the benefits of the scheme reach the poorest of the poor, The Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced the ‘Grama-Ward Volunteers System’ on 15th August 2019 for taking governance to the doorsteps of the people.
The ‘Village/Ward Volunteer System’ will ensure corruption-free and leak-proof delivery of government services and “NAVARATNALU”, the flagship program of government at the doorstep of all eligible households irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, gender, and political affiliation.
The objective of positioning Village Volunteers is to ensure timely, transparent and corruption-free services at all levels of administration. The Village Volunteer identifies the problems being faced by the villagers in their respective area and bring them to the notice of Gram Panchayat and then resolves them. 2,61,919 Gram / Ward Volunteers are assisting Secretariats in effective deliverance of services pertaining to their respective jurisdiction at the Village /Ward level. In Rural areas, 1,95,084 Clusters for every 50 HHs and 70,888 Clusters in Urban Areas for every 50–100 HHs have been formed as per Andhra Pradesh Socio-Economic Survey 2019-20.
For more information on GSWS, Follow our Special Portal GSWS – Link opens a new website.
- Recruitment notification will be issued based on the vacancies.
- Applicants, after verifying the eligibility criteria, can apply the recruitment through online.
- The selection committee scrutinizes the applications and conducts personal interviews.
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the interviews, the final list will be selected.
- Though recruitment is considered a transparent process, it is alleged that Volunteers are mostly selected based on political affiliations and recommendations.
- Andhra Pradesh Grama/Ward Sachivalayam Volunteers Recruitment – Official Link