Telangana government introduced Bills in the Assembly seeking to abolish the village revenue officer (VRO) system and another Bill on bringing out new laws related to the Record of Rights for agricultural lands. With these two bills, the VRO system stands abolished. The CM of Telangana assured that the existing staff will be co-opted into different departments as per the requirements.
The information provided below is as per Notification No. 13/2018, Dated 02/06/2018. VRO examination recruits Village Revenue Officer in the Revenue Department.
|Name of the Post||Age as on 01/07/2018 Min. Max||Scale of Pay Rs.|
|Village Revenue Officer||18-44*||16400-49870/- RPS-2015|
Intermediate Public Examination conducted by the State Board of Intermediate Examination or its equivalent examination.
- Minimum 18 years & Maximum 44* years. The age is reckoned as on 01/07/2018.
- Minimum Age (18 years): A Candidate should not be born after 01/07/2000.
- Maximum Age (44 years): A candidate should not be born before 02/07/1974.
- No person shall be eligible if he/she is less than 18 years of age.
- No person shall be eligible if he/she crossed 58 years of age (Superannuation age).
The upper age limit prescribed above is, however, relaxable in the following cases:
|Sl.No.||Category of candidates||Relaxation of age permissible|
|1||Telangana State Government Employees (Employees of TSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc. are not eligible).||5 Years based on the length of regular service.|
|2||Ex-Service men||3 years & length of service rendered in the armed forces.|
|3||N.C.C.(who have worked as Instructor in N.C.C.)||3 Years & length of service rendered in the N.C.C.|
|4||SC/ST and BCs||5 Years|
|5||Physically Handicapped persons||10 Years|
|Subject||General Knowledge and Secretarial Abilities|
|No.of Questions||150 (General Knowledge 75 + Secretarial Abilities 75)|
|Language of Examination||Bilingual i.e., English and Telugu|
Syllabus of Paper: General Knowledge and Secretarial Abilities
- General Knowledge:
- Current affairs: International, National, Regional
- General Science: science in everyday life and Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
- Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
- Indian Constitution – Salient Features, Indian Political System, Government, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development
- Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
- History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Ethics, Sensitivity to Gender and weaker sections, social awareness
- Secretarial Abilities:
- Basic English (8th Standard)
- Mental Ability. (verbal and non-verbal).
- Logical Reasoning
- Numerical abilities
- Arithmetical abilities.